Although not as popular as other games, badminton is a good sport to start if you are thinking of online betting, as there is not much rush at present. Read on to know the types of bets offered by bookmakers in badminton betting.
Badminton is very popular in Asian countries, especially China and India. In these countries, this game is leading the way by producing some of the world’s best players like Lin Dan, Wang Yihan and Saina Nehwal. Badminton was first included as a major game in the Olympics in 1992 at Barcelona. Although badminton is not the most popular game, it is still played competitively and individuals can win money by betting on it.
It is crucial for a bettor to choose a good badminton betting site where he/she can bet. It is also important to see whether your betting site provides you with a good range of betting markets and bet types, such as handicaps, over/under bets, match winners and more. Although badminton does not offer many types of bet, there are some online betting sites, such as EnergyBet, Ole777, Fun88, Betrallyindia, etc, where bookmakers offer you different types of bets in badminton. The different types of bets that bookmakers offer in live badminton betting include:
- Match winner: This type of bet often appears in a bookmaker’s offer in which you can bet before the match starts and also in the live mode.
- Win in the set: Bets can also be placed on smaller aspects of a game or match, such as who will win one of the sets.
- Predict a correct score: This is the most commonly straight-up bet in which a bet is placed on predicting the correct score.
- Total set points or the match in whole (over/under): It is also possible to make plenty of bets that aren’t fixed to the winner of the game as the popular total bets are based on the mixed score of the two teams.
- Even an odd number of points in a match: This bet is useless but bookmakers still offer this to their customers. In this type of bet, you cannot predict whether a match ends with an even or an odd number of points.
- Handicaps betting: In handicap betting, the bookmaker turns a match by giving a virtual deficit (a handicap) to overcome at the start of an event.
- To win outright: This is the type of bet where you pick an outright winner of the match before the match starts. This type of bet is characterized by high odds but also involves high risks.
- Leader after 5, 10, 15, 20 or 30 points in a set: These forms of bets are also offered by bookmakers.
- Set correct score: This has high odds in the 11-51 range.
Besides, you can place a bet on the player who will score the next point in a set. In badminton betting, bookmakers generally provide a list of scheduled matches and players who will participate in the game. In that list, each player will have their odds listed next to their name.
There are five major events for badminton – Olympic, BWF Super Series, Super Series Masters Final and World Championships in which a bettor can bet in order to win cash prizes.